Bengal-style curry paste (formerly 'Vegetable')
This curry paste is a fantastic product for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. It is very versatile, and you can add it to most forms of cooking to add flavour and spice. It can be used to make either a wet or dry curry.
Silver medal Royal Hobart Show Fine Food Awards
Vegetable Curry using the ‘Bengal’ paste
Serves : 3-4
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot
- Add a diced onion and brown thoroughly
- Add 50g Island Curries Bengal style curry paste and 500 gm of diced vegetables, stirring for 10 mins on high heat
- Add chilli powder to taste
- Add 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 mins.
- Add 2-4 tbsp yoghurt or 100ml coconut milk, stir and simmer.
- Serve with 1/2 to 1 cup of cooked basmati rice per person
Veggie suggestions: Pink Eye potato, cut into small squares, Kent pumpkin, green beans, frozen green peas, a small can of chick peas, a diced fresh tomato, spinach leaves, 150g cubed fresh beetroot (believe it or not!). Tip: If you are in a hurry, give the potatoes a good start in the microwave to reduce overall cooking time.